Monday, April 06, 2009

Ladies First...

So, President Barack Obama's first trip around the world -- the "I Hate America" express -- continues. I should be used to it, and I should probably even expect it; but I must admit: I am quite surprised that in every country he visits, the first official order of business is to seek the largest doting crowd he can, in front of the most microphones and video cameras possible -- to issue his official apology on behalf of the insideous country and the "arrogant" and "dismissive" people who elected him. (I only wish this didn't require two 747's, twelve teleprompters, and 500 staffers -- all graciously provided by the same "arrogant" and "dismissive" taxpayers who elected him.)

An interesting contrast can be drawn between Barack and his "ever-lovely" wife, who made the following claim on the campaign trail in February 2008:
“For the first time in my adult life, I am proud of my country..."
One of the first things every American child learns in school (even in our union pandering educational system) is the phrase "ladies first". Michelle at least claims to be proud of her country. Assuming that statement wasn't a careless "slip of the tongue", she's at least publically admitted that she's proud of her country. While I certainly doubt that Obama will every truly be proud of (or truly love) his country, perhaps we can at least hope for some lip service from him. At least that would be better than the Jeremiah Wright sermon we're getting.

No comments: